Skip to main content

The True Journey Of Life

I was inspired by Cambria Joy, a blogger/YouTuber, to also share my thoughts and how I became the person I think I should be. Many years of my life I've been so busy doing things I thought I want. When I was a student, I should study well and get good grades. I should pass my exams and collect medals or something. I should prove to others or to myself that I am better, or competitive than ever. I thought I should graduate. And so I graduated college. Then after that, life became
a little bit different.

I thought life is like a race. I was so consumed by what social media is telling me. I became obsessed on being updated and act as what "adults" should act. 'I should pay bills'. 'I should have money'. 'I should have certificates or finish a degree', or become an Architect or buy a house. All of these were on my mind."This is stressful, but this is life" I said. I thought I was doing great job. And every time I accomplish something planned before its due date, I thought I was being productive. But I was wrong. I thought I was happy, but I am not. I thought this is life. But it wasn't.
And then I became so busy. My planner notebook was always filled with errands. That I am not even sure now if it still really matters or not. I felt so tired in doing nothing. How can someone be so tired doing nothing? Just finishing what is written on my planner. And then what? I can't believe I ended a day with filling my head with errands and a lot of stuff from work that demands a lot of time and energy. But was it really worth it? Is this really life? How come life can be so busy?
Then I realized I am not living NOW. I am living in worry and anxiety about my future. I am living the life that society tells me. To have a job and be anxious about my own life. Or how am I gonna eat or survive in the next days. But the Bible thought me I shouldn't be worried. (Matthew 6:25,) And from that day on, my life changed and is still changing.

Most of us felt tired. Why? Because we thought we're in a battle. We thought life is like a game for survival. We try to chase time but we really can't. We thought we are living in the present. But we're actually a prisoner of the future. and that future may not even come to pass. Another book inspired me to share this is "The Power Of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. He's a great author. And this book is amazing. I realized he was right.

We are so overwhelmed by what is happening in our society. We might not realize it, but in our subconscious mind, we might sometimes think we're going to die or feel left behind if we don't have a social media account. It is horrible! But I am not against it. I also have those, so don't get me wrong.

I just wanted to point out the fact that we can LIVE and be alive in spirit and in mind. We can always choose to live a busy, productive life without being burned out or stressed about the future. We can always change our path and embrace what is up today or who we are with today. We don't have to compete with anybody. That is not necessary. No one told you to be better at work and then die paying bills. It is always your choice. Changing your state of mind is up to your own choices and own preferences. Do not be defined by what the society tells you. You can always live a happy life with a peaceful mind even others can't understand you. Who cares? You have the freedom to create your own version of reality. Don't waste your time chasing a title or a label that define you as a person. No title or degree can define someone. Your pictures in social media won't reflect the truest meaning of your life.

Life is too short. Be grateful for what you have now. Don't be blinded by the view you see in a busy streets of the city that you missed out the beauty of your family or friends that truly loves you. Or the beauty of the trees and clouds around you. Don't feel obliged to do the things other people does. You are a unique species. Your story is one of a kind. Even reading this right now might mean something to your life right now that you haven't seen yet. Who knows.

God created this world for us to live. We aren't born to collect pieces of papers that says you are insured or a certificate that proves you're a person or collect IDs to prove your existence. Do not live and die doing nothing. You have a greater purpose in life. Do the things you really love. It doesn't matter if it is the simplest thing on earth as long as it makes your day special and meaningful. Like a morning flower that blooms. It can be as simple as painting a piece of artwork on your balcony. or building an empire or a legacy. It is always up to you. Take it easy on yourself and do not waste the opportunity you have now to change directions and to choose to truly Live. Some people run so fast that they no longer know where they're heading. Don't be that kind of people. It is not always about how fast and how far you go. It is the quality of life you choose to have.

- Aija Tatad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinay Talent. Featuring: Make-up Transformation by Letisha Velasco

A pinay teenage make-up artist stuns many of her followers in her social media sites by posting her several make-up transformation looks. (Continue reading)...

Featuring: MK7 Auto Spa

Lies just along Sta.Rosa-Tagaytay road is another place to try when it comes to car services. "MK7 Auto Spa (Carwash and Detailing)" offers car services you might want to try. (Continue reading)..

Nlighten CC Cushion Product Review and Demo

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to share with you guys my review on Nworlds's Nlighten CC Cushion.

My YouTube channel